DMCAR has an extremely effective Government Affairs program. Coordinating with the Colorado Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®, DMCAR monitors and takes action on local, State and National issues focusing on legislation that could change property rights or affect the value of real property. Active at the local level, DMCAR has enjoyed a highly successful program with the support of the renowned lobbying firm CRL Associates.
DMCAR advocates on behalf of the commercial real estate broker, taking positions and working with legislators toward favorable results for the industry. We also serve to inform and educate membership on upcoming issues and changes to business due to new legislation.
Recent DMCAR advocacy:
- Continuously works with the City's Development Services in streamlining processes
- Monitors regulatory and code issues in regards to how it could impede deals
- Monitors IHO and Affordable Housing and its effect on development
- Monitors recreational marijuana and the local government interpretation of Amendment 64
- Opposed ballot measures 2A, 2B and 3B which raised commercial property taxes in 2012
- Provided medical marijuana education for brokers and monitored legislation
- Participated in the Denver Zoning Code Update and Business & Retail Working Group
- Creation of the Broker Lien Law
Additionally, members are encouraged to subscribe to the CRL Associates clipping service to stay current on industry news. To sign up for the e-newsletter service, contact Sean Maley at firstname.lastname@example.org
Commercial Real Estate Legislative Summary
The Colorado Association of REALTORS® lobbied on behalf of the commercial broker during the recent legislative session. Review short summaries on issues of focus and learn which bills were signed into law.
See legislative summary.